As they gearing up for Board exams, anxiety level among students is increasing with each passing day, be it them who are attempting the Boards for the first time or the ones in class 12. Some combat it with Yoga, meditation, sports, and what not, with each student having a different way to face it.
Here’s a student from St Xavier’s School Jaipur, Tanmay Goyal, studying in class 12, sharing his stress-busting methods with his contemporaries.
1. Healthy breakfast: To keep my mind focused, not letting it deviate, I eat healthy and rich breakfast every day.
2. Dark chocolate: I read somewhere that the consumption of chocolates increases brain power and also fights stress hormone, thus helping the body relax, so I make it a point to eat dark chocolate. And it tastes good too!
3. Water: I drink a lot of water to keep myself fresh, wherever I go I carry a water bottle. In fact, I carry my bottle to the examination hall too. Science has proven that water aids in thinking power of the brain; if the brain loses its concentration, taking a sip of water helps it in concentrating again.
4. ABC: I firmly believe in ABC method. A means action: This means that the things we practically see would be remembered for a longer duration of time by the brain. B means big: Things which are big are remembered by the brain easily. C means colourful: Our brain is always attracted towards the colourful things and are learned easily by it.
Thus, look for ABC as much as possible, the concepts that are difficult to understand, I try looking for them on YouTube, the video makes it easy for me to remember.
5. Notes on wall: At the time of examination I put up notes on the wall of my room so that everything that I need to do is right in front of my eyes and I can easily browse through them all without missing out on anything.
6. Relax: Yes, stress level at this time is high, but fighting it off becomes highly important. For me, what works is Yoga; other might find dance, music, meditation, cooking, sports, etc, easier to handle stress.
7. Time table: Making time table is something that I always do, but it is during the exams and specially the Board exams that I actually start following it. To keep my studies on track and also to keep a follow-up of things, following a plan is important and thus a time-table comes handy. Time-tables get tricky for me though; a balance between the course to be covered and the amount of relaxation breaks is tough but must to be maintained. I take a break every two hours and get back to studies refreshed.
8. Solve past years’ papers: Well, the idea is not to guess the questions for my paper, but to test myself. And when I solve past years’ question papers, I do it honestly by following the time limits too. It basically helps in revising the entire syllabus.
9. Sleep: I try to have minimum 8hr of sleep failing which I fear forgetting things.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje at the 75th anniversary of St Xavier's School, Jaipur asked father principal John Ravi, SJ to collaborate with RSLDC.
What began as St. Mary's Boy's School in the year 1941, has blossomed into one of the many prominent schools of the city in a span of 75 years.
Students of Class 1 of Jaipur’s premier school showed true team spirit while displaying their singing and dancing skills at the action-song competition on 4 February.
St. Xavier’s School, Jaipur celebrated the 67th Republic Day with full vigor.
Yieeee!! It's Christmas time, birth of the Christ marks the beginning of the celebration week all over and so the excitement, fun and masti was on another level at St. Xavier's School, Jaipur.
The students of the prestigious St. Xavier's School, Jaipur, danced representing the culture of different states of our country.
Sports days are days of energy and enthusiasm, awaited the whole year by the students. However, Annual Sports Day at St. Xavier's is awaited by alumni, parents and media as well. And when it is combined with Diamond Jubilee, it adds on to the ardor!
"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” – Plato
If it was for any other school, it would have been hard for us to believe. But when it comes to Xavier’s … we know they love organizing different events for students every now and then. A school that truly understands the importance
A book is a gift you can open again and again. - Garrison Keillor
St. Xavier’s School, Jaipur, was bustling with activity today with as many as four different events taking place within the school. The day of events started with a tad bit of delay at the senior hall, which had Parallax Photography exhibition
Keeping the competitive spirits up, St. Xavier’s School Jaipur has come with a photography contest and exhibition, Fr. Willmes Memorial Photo Exhibition, to be held within the school premises. The contest and exhibition are being organized
Musicartography Teachers, more than being a teacher, become more of an inspiration. And what if such an inspiration says that he was inspired by social media? Social media? An inspiration to a teacher? Can that be true? Well, if it is
While in school, principal, teachers and students equally experience beautiful moments, which are not just moments shared, but memories lived. And here’s St. Xavier’s School, Jaipur, which is on the threshold of celebrating its
These Teachers From Jaipur Prove They too can Have Fun! Teachers teach … about innumerable things. Subjects, discipline, sports, discipline in sports, DIYs, values, virtues, morals, and what not! Does it tire them out? Generally
It came and St. Xavier’s conquered it all again! In yet another inter-school competition, St Xavier’s School proudly swept away all the awards again! This time it was District Level Swimming Competition, 2015-16.
Jaipur’s very own the Pan Singh Tomar actor Irfan Khan visited his birth city few days back to shoot some commercial teasers for the promotion of the upcoming Resurgent Rajasthan Partnership Summit. The actor
Teacher’s Day was celebrated in the school in a grand manner. Students’ Council conducted a special assembly in which each teacher was honoured with a sapling. A few cultural items were presented by the students. Later the teachers
St Xavier’s School, Yes! We are talking about it again. The school has once again proved itself, this time in Football. The school has won the Father Batson Football Cup, Xavier’s initiative to give a platform to the aspiring
St. Xavier’s School just can’t stop itself from being an all-rounder school. It’s not just studies that the school thrusts upon, it keeps a focus on sports as well. After successfully conducting